Sunday, June 28, 2009

MOKKAI blog

It was a sunny & also rainy for some hours on a saturday afternoon. Me and Mr.~Suz were sitting on my desk staring at the monitor refreshing the application screen that list out the activities that I need to process. Since I have completed all my activities on the day before, I was expecting for new activity to arrive into my queue. Since it is a usual trend that during the week end the flow of activities will be pretty less, I was anxiously looking at the clock at the down right corner of the monitor expecting it to hit 6.00 & I can hit the club for the saturday night fever. (Mr.~Suz:- What a wonderful job profile; Why can’t all the days be a Saturday :-) )

To explain more about my work place; Its the technology division of a big multinational banking client. With my desk having an excellent rocking chair, a PC equipped with a new HP LCD monitor for less eye strain & excellent configuration with latest version of VISTA for the comfort of usage. And to mention, the PC has access to high speed internet too. What else do I need to call it a heaven ? (But strictly no access to orkut :-( )

Since I am quite interested in knowing more about human emotions, I wished to do a google on the physical & chemical reactions takes place when a person gets angry ? (Mr.~Suz: Most necessary topic to be googled ?? :-( Better could have mapped out the route for a different club ).. I am proud to have such a brain that I feel my brain is one of the crazy creations of god which’s hunger for knowledge can never be completely fed (Mr.~Suz:- Many have seen the high school mark list. Today is not Apr 1st ?!?!)

As usual, google listed wikipedia has its first choice for the information I searched and it seemed to be worthy too…

What is anger ?
Anger is an emotional state that may range from minor irritation to intense rage.

When does one gets angry ?
When a person is getting offended (physically or mentally); when the ego of the person is not given enough importance, it triggers a series of changes that leads a person to become angry.

What physical/biological changes takes place when a person gets angry?
The physical effects of anger include increased heart rate, blood pressure, levels of adrenaline & noradrenaline, loss of self-monitoring capacity, loss of objective observability and many more.

The extended increased heart rate, pumps more & more blood to the brain. Since the arteries that carry blood from heart to brain experiences a high pressure than normal, the valves of the heart gets weakened eventually lead to cardiac arrest and the pressure exerted on the brain leads to brain failure; eventually leading to death.
There were various interesting facts about Fight-or-flight situation; about sympathetic nervous system that were thrown light during the course of the search… (Mr.~Suz:- Looks like better than search for code to copy paste.. Hmm.)

OK, Now comes the question of the millennium.. What does the title of the post “Mokkai” has to do with this????

First of all, for those saints who do not know what the word means.(Its good not to know actually :-))… It’s a colloquial word in the tamil language often used to refer something of lesser interest.

For e.g :-
Person A: “How was the 2 hour lecture on “how to spend time usefully” …. ?”
Person B: “Full of “Mokkai”… What a waste of time… “

(Mr.~Suz:- Excellent example :-))

The exact meaning of the word mokkai refers to the English word “Blunt” (Without sharpness).

Whenever I hear the word in whatever the scenario somebody around me using it; not necessarily to me; either A using to B in my presence; I really feel the above mentioned syndromes in myself. Hence as a request, please make sure that nobody is get offended before using such words.

Hope the blog is not the way, what the title says ;-)

5 comments:

Mohana said...

Hey suz.. i learnt something new from ur blog today:)
move on:)

saranya said...

for how many days u thought of writing this mokkai blog??

Sudharsan said...

Its a 3-4 hr effort to write this blog. (Wrote on the same saturday i talked about)

Sudharsan said...

@Mohana:- I sincerely appreciate your sportive spirit of finding something to be learnt from this blog too :)

vignesh said...

மொக்கை மன்னா !
தொடர்க உன் பனி !