Monday, July 20, 2009

BULL fight..

It is 7/20/2009 @ 7:07 AM when i start this blog & I was wondering the reason behind the dream that I had this morning.

It was early morning around 6.45 AM I found myself woke up with with a heart beat of around 130 BPM.

I was sitting on a steep slope near a "Jallikattu" alley from where I could see the event clearly from a safe distance.

Wiki quotes for those who don know what it is...
Jallikattu - ஜல்லிகட்டு is a bull taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebration. This is one of the oldest living ancient sports seen in the modern era. Although it sounds similar to the Spanish running of the bulls, it is quite different. In Jallikattu, the bull is not killed and the 'matadors' are not supposed to use any weapon. It is held in the villages of Tamil Nadu on the eve of Mattu Pongal, one of the four days of Pongal festival (usually January 15 on the Western calendar). The one held in Alanganallur, near Madurai, is the most popular. This sport is also known as "Manju Virattu", meaning "chasing the bull".
Though the exact event was happening at the end of the slope, the participating bulls were scattered around the alley away from the crowd.

I just realised that two of the beasts that has completed/waiting for its lap has gone crazy and started to sprang into the crowd. A normal sized bull and a calf. Both of them were cuffed on in its legs and were tied with a rope and was held hard by its trainer.

All of a sudden, for no reason they gone wild & started hoping too heard in its place. There were 2-3 guys holding the rope of bull tightly and 1 guy holding the calf.

No sooner I see this in a considerable distance, all the people who were in the same length of me started to run in various directions. Me, the little charm guy pretty leaner than laughing Buddha took 1 second more to obtain the escape velocity within which the entire crowd near me vanished away except for a middle aged guy of his 30s.

By that time, they managed to release themselves free from their trainer's hands and started their lap into the crowd. Since myself and he were the last two in the crowd to start, we were the targets for them. At this point of time, I had a reason to feel happy about. Yes.. I was been chased only by the calf where as the other guy was been chased by the bull (Mr.~Suz:- Celebrate it with a cake..).

When I took on my heals, I just found the trainer waving his hands from distance signaling me to run in the opposite direction as I was running the direction towards the calf(~Suz: Effect of the Scotch in dream too ?? ). Actually I was more scared since I will be running into the alley if I run the other direction.

At last after crossing the calf successfully I found a stair case which I felt quite safe thinking that he cannot climb up the stairs. But to my poor state I found him coming down from the top (~Suz:- In between shots edited out ?? ). As I saw him in the other direction, I started running down in the opposite direction and found a big white wall with a laptop lying on the floor.

Yes.. The dream is off & it is my won lappy.

Thank God !!!

~Suz:- Happy that the bed is not wet ?? :)

I still remember the person who bade me 'sweet dreams' with a smiling smiley on Skype..

Bull Shittt...

0 comments: